These posters were designed to highlight the work of the 'Wings over Wetlands' project of the AEWA Convention - Agreement on the Conservation of African-Eurasian Migratory Waterbirds.Resource Type: Posters
This atlas provides a comprehensive overview of what is currently known about all six species of great apes - chimpanzee, bonobo, Sumatran orangutan, Bornean orangutan, eastern gorilla, and western gorilla. It gives a thorough background on ape behaviour and ecology for each species, including detailed habitat requirements, the apes' ecological role, and the possible consequences of their decline.
Despite the dedicated efforts of many individuals and organizations, the great apes all fall into the Endangered or Critically Endangered category of the IUCN Red List. This atlas offers a full description of the threats, current conservation efforts, and additional protection needed for each species across its entire range.
•Covers all six species of great apes
•Provides the most up-to-date and comprehensive data available
•More than 150 full-colour photos
•More than 40 full-colour maps and diagrams
These posters celebrate:
* The International Year of Ecotourism (2002)
* The International Year of Mountains (2002)
* The International Year of Freshwater (2003)
This poster series was created to highlight issues in mountain biodiversity, in celebration of the International Year of Mountains, 2002.Resource Type: Posters
These posters, about Mountain Protected Areas and Indigenous Community Conserved Areas, were created for the 10th Conference of the Parties of the Convention on Biological Diversity, October 2010.
Resource Type: Posters
These posters display the growing depth of the collaboration between UNEP-WCMC and the CITES Secretariat from 1979 to 2004.Resource Type: Posters
This poster series was designed in 2003 to highlight some key work areas of UNEP-WCMC, including:
1. About UNEP-WCMC
2. Biodiversity Information Services
3. Assessment and Early Warning
4. Conventions and Policy Support
5. The UNEP Global Programme of Action for the Protection of the Marine Environment from Land-based Activities
6. World Atlas of Biodiversity
This poster series was created to show some of the many topics UNEP-WCMC is involved with in relation to the Convention on Biological Diversity, including the following:
1. Achieving multiple benefits through a UNFCCC mechanism on Reducing Emissions from Deforestation
2. A Global Network of Protected Areas: On target for 2010 and 2012?
3. Protecting the Future: Carbon, forests, protected areas and local livelihoods
4. Progress towards the 30% Management Effectiveness target
5. Mapping the World's Protected Areas: the role of the WDPA
6. Forest Certification: How do Latin American standards address biodiversity?
7. Restoration of tropical dry forests
Resource Type: Posters
Datasets Available from UNEP-WCMC: Excluding WDPA
Access to UNEP-WCMC datasets is provided on the understanding that you read and consent to be bound by the Terms and Conditions attached. For the purposes of this Agreement the “Data” comprise any of the spatial data and associated attribute data downloadable from the UNEP-WCMC website, excluding the World Database on Protected Areas.
This dataset shows the location of tropical montane cloud forest sites as recorded in a worldwide inventory compiled by UNEP-WCMC and published in "A Global Directory of Tropical Montane Cloud Forests", Aldrich et al., 1997. This inventory was compiled from literature searches and correspondence with regional experts, and contains a total of 529 sites. The central location for each site is recorded but does not identify the great variability in their size, which ranges from 50 hectares to hundreds of square kilometres.
©2013 UNEP All rights reserved