These posters display the growing depth of the collaboration between UNEP-WCMC and the CITES Secretariat from 1979 to 2004.Resource Type: Posters
This poster series was designed in 2003 to highlight some key work areas of UNEP-WCMC, including:
1. About UNEP-WCMC
2. Biodiversity Information Services
3. Assessment and Early Warning
4. Conventions and Policy Support
5. The UNEP Global Programme of Action for the Protection of the Marine Environment from Land-based Activities
6. World Atlas of Biodiversity
The UNEP-WCMC Species Database contains comprehensive nomenclatural, distribution and legal data for species of conservation concern throughout the world.
Resource Type: Tools / Applications
The Critical Site Network (CSN) Tool is a new online resource for the conservation of 294 species of waterbirds and the important sites upon which they depend in Africa and Western Eurasia. Leading global conservation organisations working for the protection of waterbirds and their habitats have joined forces to develop this tool, strengthening the implementation of the African-Eurasian Migratory Waterbird Agreement (AEWA) and the Ramsar Convention on Wetlands.Resource Type: Tools / Applications
This poster series was created to show some of the many topics UNEP-WCMC is involved with in relation to the Convention on Biological Diversity, including the following:
1. Achieving multiple benefits through a UNFCCC mechanism on Reducing Emissions from Deforestation
2. A Global Network of Protected Areas: On target for 2010 and 2012?
3. Protecting the Future: Carbon, forests, protected areas and local livelihoods
4. Progress towards the 30% Management Effectiveness target
5. Mapping the World's Protected Areas: the role of the WDPA
6. Forest Certification: How do Latin American standards address biodiversity?
7. Restoration of tropical dry forests
Resource Type: Posters
This database was created and is maintained by UNEP-WCMC with financial support from the European Commission and the Joint Nature Conservation Committee of the United Kingdom.
It contains nomenclatural, distribution and legal data on CITES-listed species.
This information resource is a result of long-term collaboration between countless individual scientists worldwide and many organizations whose contribution is gratefully acknowledged.Resource Type: Tools / Applications
The CITES Trade Database, managed by UNEP-WCMC on behalf of the CITES Secretariat, is a unique resource that holds over 11 million records of trade in wildlife and over 50,000 scientific names of taxa listed by CITES. Contracting Parties provide annual reports to the CITES Secretariat including full details of all export and import permits and certificates issued during the previous year. More than 850,000 records of trade in CITES-listed species of wildlife are reported annually.Resource Type: Tools / Applications
The CITES Trade Data Dashboards are a new, interactive and dynamic way of viewing the trade data submitted by CITES Parties in their annual reports to the Convention. The Global dashboard displays global trade trends (e.g. global trade in live reptiles), whereas the National dashboard shows information by country. The dashboards have been developed by UNEP-WCMC on behalf of the CITES Secretariat.Resource Type: Tools / Applications
UNEP-WCMC provides access to data, information documents and analytical tools relevant to the CITES community and other biodiversity related Conventions.Resource Type: Tools / Applications
©2013 UNEP All rights reserved