These posters were designed to highlight the work of the 'Wings over Wetlands' project of the AEWA Convention - Agreement on the Conservation of African-Eurasian Migratory Waterbirds.Resource Type: Posters
This atlas provides a comprehensive overview of what is currently known about all six species of great apes - chimpanzee, bonobo, Sumatran orangutan, Bornean orangutan, eastern gorilla, and western gorilla. It gives a thorough background on ape behaviour and ecology for each species, including detailed habitat requirements, the apes' ecological role, and the possible consequences of their decline.
Despite the dedicated efforts of many individuals and organizations, the great apes all fall into the Endangered or Critically Endangered category of the IUCN Red List. This atlas offers a full description of the threats, current conservation efforts, and additional protection needed for each species across its entire range.
•Covers all six species of great apes
•Provides the most up-to-date and comprehensive data available
•More than 150 full-colour photos
•More than 40 full-colour maps and diagrams
This poster series was created in 2004 to highlight the work of the UNEP Coral Reef Unit.Resource Type: Posters
International Coral Reef Action Unit postersResource Type: Posters
International Coral Reef Initiative postersResource Type: Posters
These posters display the growing depth of the collaboration between UNEP-WCMC and the CITES Secretariat from 1979 to 2004.Resource Type: Posters
The World Atlas of Coral Reefs is an invaluable resource to be enjoyed and used by a broad audience ranging from global travellers to scientists, including all those with an interest in the natural history of coral reefs, resource managers, travel organisations and university students. The book also caters to the needs of amateur divers and boat owners as a key information resource.Resource Type: Books
This poster series was designed in 2003 to highlight some key work areas of UNEP-WCMC, including:
1. About UNEP-WCMC
2. Biodiversity Information Services
3. Assessment and Early Warning
4. Conventions and Policy Support
5. The UNEP Global Programme of Action for the Protection of the Marine Environment from Land-based Activities
6. World Atlas of Biodiversity
Resource Type: Tools / Applications
This poster series was created to show some of the many topics UNEP-WCMC is involved with in relation to the Convention on Biological Diversity, including the following:
1. Achieving multiple benefits through a UNFCCC mechanism on Reducing Emissions from Deforestation
2. A Global Network of Protected Areas: On target for 2010 and 2012?
3. Protecting the Future: Carbon, forests, protected areas and local livelihoods
4. Progress towards the 30% Management Effectiveness target
5. Mapping the World's Protected Areas: the role of the WDPA
6. Forest Certification: How do Latin American standards address biodiversity?
7. Restoration of tropical dry forests
Resource Type: Posters
©2013 UNEP All rights reserved