Issue 5 of the Sub-Global Assessment (SGA) Network's quarterly newsletter, ‘SGANews,’ has just been released and is now available online. A special edition, this issue includes news from the 6th annual international Ecosystem Services Partnership (ESP) conference; as well as a selection of interesting updates, future dates and locations of various workshops and meetings, and publications from our Network members. Following the review of comments submitted by contributing stakeholders and governments, carried out by the IPBES Bureau and Multidisciplinary Expert Panel, a provisional agenda for the IPBES-2 isnow available while other working documents will be accessible shortly.
Issue 5 of SGANews can be viewed via this link.
The Sub-Global Assessment (SGA) Network is hosted by a Secretariat which operates through a joint arrangement between UNEP-WCMC and The Cropper Foundation of Trinidad and Tobago.
The SGA Network aims to create a platform for stakeholders involved in undertaking and using ecosystem assessments from local to regional levels. The Network sets out to do the following:
• connect ecosystem assessment stakeholders such as practitioners, decision-makers and the scientific community
• facilitate knowledge sharing amongst network members and other stakeholders
• build capacity to undertake and use ecosystem assessments
• encourage and support new assessment work
• support relevant decision making processes, such as IPBES and other MEAs
Visit the SGA Network for more information.
©2013 UNEP All rights reserved