Share a snapshot of your #WildlifeFilledLife!
New UNEP-WCMC social media campaign calls on people to share personal photos and knowledge of species from around the world
All over the world, living in harmony with nature is a part of people’s everyday life.
Whether it’s listening to birds outside our windows at home, following a colony of frogs making their way to a pond, or simply admiring wildflowers that bloom in early spring whilst taking a walk in the park; we can all celebrate wildlife in our own unique way.
Not only does nature sustain life on Earth, but living in harmony with nature also underpins our happiness and well-being. A #WildlifeFilledLife can make us feel happier, healthier, and more connected to the world around us.
So, whether it’s from your daily walk, weekly hike, or annual holiday, we want to see a snapshot of your #WildlifeFilledLife!
There are over 430 different ecosystems across the world, so people from different areas of the globe interact with a vastly different array of wildlife day to day. Sharing photos on social media is a powerful tool for us to learn about people’s personal experiences of wildlife in the ecosystems unique to their area.
Celebrating a #WildlifeFilledLife can also help to raise awareness of the importance of conserving and restoring nature, of nature-based solutions, building a nature=positive economy, and remind us how greener spaces in cities can improve our quality of life.
Share a photo of a plant or animal species you’ve come upon with a short description (up to 240 characters) using the hashtag #WildlifeFilledLife and tagging @UNEPWCMC
How to participate in the #WildlifeFilledLife campaign:
- Choose a picture that you have taken of a species (fauna or flora) you have seen during your walks/travels/hikes;
- Post your picture with a description and the hashtag #WildlifeFilledLife and tag @UNEPWCMC on Twitter or Facebook (Please note: we will only be able to see photos from public accounts)
- Every Friday, we will choose one photo to feature in @unepwcmc accounts, tagging the account that posted it.
What we would like to see:
- Wildlife only! Any humans in the photo should not be recognisable (see further details below)
- Photos of species with a description of what they are and where they have been spotted.
- Your story about why this photo represents your #WildlifeFilledLife
Want to participate? Read the Rules & Regulations here:
#WildlifeFilledLife is a campaign run by UNEP-WCMC – the United Nations Environment Programme World Conservation Monitoring Centre. The campaign will feature photos of wildlife shared with UNEP-WCMC via social media.
- Anyone with a public social media account is eligible to submit their entry to the #WildLifeFilledLife campaign. Social media users are also entitled to submit more than one entry.
- UNEP-WCMC will not own the photos or use the photos for profit, nor will it buy the photos from social media users.
- The #WildlifeFilledLife campaign is not a contest. The purpose of this campaign is to share personal snapshots of wildlife across the world.
- Permission to share photos on social media will be granted by the tag @UNEPWCMC and hashtag #WildlifeFilledLife on either Facebook or Twitter (Please note UNEP-WCMC is not on Instagram and so Instagram submissions will not be considered).
- By tagging @UNEPWCMC and using the hashtag #WildLifeFilledLife, the photo-sharer automatically gives consent to @UNEPWCMC to share the photo on its social media accounts.
- There will be no prize granted to photo owners or social media users. The #WildlifeFilledLife campaign is culturally driven and aimed at exchanging experiences and knowledge. The photos will be shared on social media without any intent of profit. The social media user will be tagged and credited for their photos.
- UNEP-WCMC will not share photos with identifiable faces (silhouettes, masked faces, backs, hands, people seen from afar, etc., are permitted).
- In case UNEP-WCMC wishes to publish the photo in other digital or print resources, we will contact the author via inbox on social media and request their consent. If they are willing to consent, UNEP-WCMC will provide them with a consent form to be filled and signed, and submitted via e-mail.
- The #WildLifeFilledLife campaign will run for over one year. UNEP-WCMC reserves the right to end it earlier or later.
- Disclaimer: An entry submission does not guarantee that the photo will be shared. UNEP-WCMC reserves the right to choose which photos will be featured on UNEP-WCMC channels.
- You warrant that you have taken this image yourself or have permission to use it.
- Under no circumstances shall UNEP or WCMC be liable for any loss, damage, liability, or expense incurred or suffered that is claimed to have resulted from your entry submission, including, without limitation, any fault, error, omission, interruption, or delay with respect thereto.
- The entry submission is at your sole risk. Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to negligence, shall UNEP, WCMC, or its affiliates be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages, even if WCMC or UNEP has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- As a condition of entry submission, you agree to indemnify UNEP, WCMC, and their affiliates from and against any and all actions, claims, losses, damages, liabilities, and expenses due to copyright infringement.